It’s the most wonderful time of the year…the Sephora spring sale!
This sale is special because it is site-wide and you can score discounts on products that rarely go on sale (perfume and skincare are two big ones).
Over the last few years, I’ve had a lot of fun (too much fun according to my bank account) testing out different skincare, makeup, and hair products. I look for items that are long-lasting, good-quality, and (unless it is something truly magical) are fairly-priced compared to the market.
- The sale kicks off on Friday for Rouge Members (20% off!) and Tuesday for VIB Members (15%) off.
- If you aren’t a member yet, you can join for free here and start shopping next Thursday with 10% off.
Below are my must-haves, and many of the items I have sitting in my cart right now. Have fun and send me your favorites too!
- Sunday Riley Good Genes. One of those magical products. You will notice a difference OVERNIGHT. Total glow! Also, it smells amazing. I use this or the Dr. Dennis Gross Pads below 3x per week.
- Dr. Dennis Gross Daily Peel Pads. An alternative to Sunday Riley Good Genes, it works in much the same way. Serious glow power! (I switched to Sunday Riley because the packaging is more environmentally friendly. Both products work very well.)
- C-Serum. A total must-have in a skin-care routine. SkinCeuticals makes an amazing one as well (for a premium). I’ve also used Drunk Elephant C-Serum, but wasn’t as wowed as other reviewers.
- Retinol. Retinol is your friend when it comes to anti-aging. I use a .5% about 3-4 nights per week.
- Fresh Facial Cleanser. Melts makeup off your face without the need for makeup remover. I bought the value size last spring, use it daily, and my bottle is still going strong.
- Belif Moisturizing Eye Bomb. One of the most affordable step-up eye creams out there.
- Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen. The texture of this is incredible and nothing like any other sunscreen you’ll try. It goes on like makeup primer and isn’t greasy at all (I plan to try the mineral version too).
- Lip Sleeping Mask. OBSESSED. This makes your lips baby soft and is very long-lasting (I’ve had mine almost a year and there is plenty left).
- Drunk Elephant Polypeptide Moisturizer. I absolutely love this moisturizer’s texture and scent. I eventually switched to less expensive ROC because priority-wise, the Good Genes/Dr. Dennis Gross, C-Serum, and retinol made a bigger impact on my skin than a higher-end moisturizer.
- Fresh Brightening Mask. This is a more “for fun” product, but it does brighten your face right away. I like using this about 2x per week, especially if I have something I am looking forward to that day. The texture is to die for.
- Undereye Masks. Bye-bye undereye bags! These come with me on any red-eye flight. I also use them when I have an event I need to wake up super early for (like that time I was on GMA and a film crew was knocking on my door at 4 a.m.!).
- Flowerbomb Perfume. I’ve worn this for six years+ and running and still adore it. Perfume almost never goes on sale, so this is THE time to buy it. I also like to stock up on the travel size for my purse.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. I’ve tried about every brand out there, and this is the one I come back to again and again. It makes lashes full and luscious and is pretty easy to wash off (I also love They’re Real! but it’s so hard to scrub off, I stopped buying it).
- Clinque High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara. Another great option. This doesn’t make your lashes *as* full as the Too Faced, but it’s even easier to wash off.
- MILK KUSH Mascara. A new one I’ve heard great things about and plan to try this sale.
- Urban Decay Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette. My sister gave me this for Christmas, and I am smitten. The colors look incredibly flattering for a wide range of skin and eye colors.
- Urban Decay Naked2 Basics Eyeshadow Palette. The #1 neutral palette. You cannot go wrong.
- Anastasia Brow Gel. My eyebrows are CRAZY and this keeps them looking good.
- Anastasia Brow Wiz. I rarely fill in my brows, but when I do, this is the product. It’s so easy to use and looks very natural.
- Brow Highlighter Pencil. This is magical. Put a little along the end of your inner eyebrow and you will be stunned by the way it makes your eyes pop.
- KVD Tattoo Eyeliner. For the perfect line with zero smudge.
- Too Faced Hangover Face Primer. Goes on ultra-light and makes makeup last longer (and look better!).
- Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder. Other than mascara, this is my must-have. My typical makeup routine is tinted sunscreen + a swipe of this powder to eliminate shine. It also helps other makeup stay in place.
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Powder. If you prefer a pressed powder to a loose powder, this one is excellent.
- NARS Blush. My forever favorite blush. I usually wear the Dolce Vita. It’s a perfect, natural-looking pink.
- BECCA Highlighter. This looks GORG and will last for years. BECCA is being discontinued, so get it while you can.
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Foundation. Lightweight and makes skin look flawless. I hate heavy, cakey makeup. This one feels so light, I forget I have it on.
- Ultra HD Concealer. I’ve been so happy with the foundation, I’m giving it a try. Previously I swore by NARS Creamy Radiant Concealer.
- Tart Mineral Foundation. Another excellent foundation option. I wore this one happily for several years before trying the Ultra HD above.
- Lip Cheat Lip Liner. I NEVER thought I’d wear lip liner (um, am I my mother?) but I adore this one. It really does make lipstick look better and last longer. The pillow talk color is perfect. I want to try the matching lipstick.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray. You went to all the work to do your makeup, so make it last! This setting spray will keep your makeup looking fresh all night. It even keeps lipstick from rubbing off on a mask.
- Sugar Lip Balm in Shimmer Bloom. It has just a hint of color and is super moisturizing. An easy alternative to lipstick and you don’t need a mirror to put it on.
- Fenty Glow Lip Gloss. The holy grail of gloss. It looks good on EVERYONE and isn’t overly sticky or goopy.
- IGK Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo. I have tried EVERY dry shampoo out there, and this is THE ONE if you need a serious option. It’s perfect if you work out regularly and also have to deal with sweaty hair.
- Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo. If you need a lighter formula (say your workouts don’t leave your scalp as gross as mine—sorry, TMI), this one is lovely. It also adds volume.
- Bumble and Bumble Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner. I have fine hair that likes to get flat on top and frizzy on the bottom (fun combo). This is the absolute best shampoo/conditioner combo I have ever used. It gives my hair volume without making it look greasy, flat, or dry.
- Opalex No. 4 Shampoo and No. 5 Conditioner. I am trying this one for the first time at the recommendation of a stylist fried.
- OUAI Leave-In Conditioner. Mist this over damp hair before blow-drying. It makes your hair look sleek and is very lightweight/non-greasy.
- Opaplex No. 6. I use this on the ends of my hair before blow-drying it, and I love it! My ends stay smooth and feel better protected from heat.
Happy shopping! If you have any favorite products of your own, I’d love to hear about them in the comments below.